Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Altec Lansing announces

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner tomt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2003
    Posts
    5,483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Altec Lansing announces

    Rock Band speakers

    Altec Lansing announces Rock Band speakers


    copy and paste -

    Why be a video game rockstar if you can?t hear it? Have you always wanted to put your foot on something while you power chord-ed your way to stardom? For those of you who are using the stock speakers in your TV to play Rock Band, Guitar Hero, or Harmonica Hero, first off, shame on you.

    The Stage-Gig speaker system is being debuted at the College Music Journal (CMJ) music festival in New York City. Modeled as a stage monitor, the Stage-Gig gives you a 6.5″ woofer, silk tweeter, all with 40 watts of output power. It has two sets of RCA plugs so you can theoretically chain as many of these units are you could possibly want.

    If you don?t have any better speakers, these offer you a simple, plug-and-play upgrade for your game console. XBox, Playstation, Wii, anything that uses RCA audio outputs will work. Look for it in early November and expect to shell out $99.95.

    RockMonitor 3QTR 524



    maybe this will be the start of something good.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Lansing announces

    Kinda funny....

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner tomt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2003
    Posts
    5,483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Lansing announces

    Quote Originally Posted by Panomaniac View Post
    Kinda funny....


    this too -

    ALTEC8 own Inchifurontorodo + tweeter pair ? ? - JPCTRADE X Yahoo! Auction

    mwcdh447img600x45012557


    mwcdh447img600x45012557

    mwcdh447img600x45012557h
    ☆ own tweeter pair ALTEC 8 Inchifurontorodo + ☆
    Item ALTEC 409-8E unit has been installed without tweeters.
    Instead of dedicated tweeter, FOSTEX AT-7000 comes with wood to be turned on the horn.

    "Specifications"
    units = ALTEC 409-8E (no tweeter) + FOSTEX AT-7000
    Lauan plywood boards = 15mm thick (front-loading of only 12mm)
    = pre-set sound-absorbing materials sound absorption materials on hand (which is expensive rather, recycled products)
    gold-plated banana terminal = enabled
    internal wiring Cana-les 4S8G
    = pre-installed units
    outline = Height 400mm ? depth 650mm ? horizontal 350mm
    Finish = Black lacquer and polyurethane finish (semi gloss)

    409-8E Because the tweeter is broken, remove the clean the bolt holes in the bolt is blocked in the center of felt. The sound quality is the same as the state put the broken tweeter. 409 instead of the AT-7000 tweeter horn is attached to the wood.
    The network at the time to send the ships will not install, 3.3μF capacitor film 2 Days + attenuator (no knob used) and then shipped to. If no solution if your borrower is a connection method, you can simply contact us via our navigation trading after the Bid will install ships.
    I attach a 409-8E End of dynamic products, but eliminating the need for tweeters, 12KHz will be cross-over can be used as Supatsuita. The clear outline of the higher range.
    The sound quality is only possible to finish and drew a weak low-ceiling speakers.
    Notes A7 and A5 in the products is not downsizing. Our own original works. There are some scratches and small paint irregularities. How would your bid please do not worry.
    Thank you in Nokuremunoritan.
    Shipping Details it exceeds the size of 160 flights will be shipped mouth Yamato 2 total.
    About this seller Tools ■ @ kun sale 3.67 ■ is created.



    16

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Lansing announces

    Quote Originally Posted by tomt View Post
    ...If you don?t have any better speakers........
    (from the guy that slept through Marketing 101)
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Lansing announces

    Quote Originally Posted by tomt View Post
    ...Rock Band, Guitar Hero, or Harmonica Hero...
    Forgive me Tom, But I need to vent a long-brewing rant.


    For some years now, I've tried to share the gift of music with any of my friends' kids that showed even the slightest spark of interest. I've given two Wurly pianos and three guitars to prospective youngsters, and of those, two "took". They demonstrated enough interest and talent for their parents to spring for lessons, and both have been continually playing for over 4 years now. As much joy as music has brought into my life, it really feels good to share that with a kid.

    My latest effort, a very intelligent 12 yr old, literally hung on my shoulder at a "family" get-together while I picked a bit for fun. After only an hour of instruction, he was doing a decent 3 chord shuffle. He has a keen ear and good pitch too. I left my old acoustic with him that day, and I'm told he kept at it for several weeks. Then on his birthday, his folks bought him a "Rock Band" setup. He hasn't touched the real guitar since.

    I can't help but wonder how many potential real musicians those plastic, instant gratification pieces of crap will deprive the world of...?
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Mike Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2005
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Lansing announces

    I think it's a shame that our culture has accepted the notion that working at or saving up for something is a waste of time. I've watched instant gratification erode the imagination and work ethic out of many folks. I have to sometimes force myself to finish a job so it looks right as well as works correctly. It's too easy to quit and say it's good enough. Even when in my heart I know better.
    Life is too short to be taken Cirrus.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner tomt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2003
    Posts
    5,483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Lansing announces

    Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    Forgive me Tom,
    no need for that -

    this may be just the right time to mention this ...

    I can't help but wonder how many potential real musicians those plastic,
    instant gratification pieces of crap will deprive the world of...?
    quite true.

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2008
    Location
    SEPA
    Posts
    633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Lansing announces

    "Props" as the kids would say, for fostering an interest!

    That's a sad particular instance.

    The upshot is perhaps that for the masses, it represents something a bit more engaging and aerobic than e.g. a shoot-em-up that might only require wearing a divot in the couch.

    Hopefully puberty will kick in soon for this one and he'll realize that you can't impress the girls with piece of plastic that needs 120vac. Then he'll go back, and perhaps rope his buddies into forming a real band.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.